Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Lady 'street Tailor'

Today while going to office I saw this lady tailor with a sewing machine in the side of the road near the Gate of our housing colony. Two day s ago I saw a man setting up a machine for her. When we passed her today she was cleaning her machine. The reason I am talking about her is that she is the first lady street tailor I have seen in Chennai or in Gurgaon. Maybe she has a progressive husband. But then, Maybe she won’t see any of the money she makes. Still, I appreciate her and her hubby. When I still see educated middle class men who think women are better of in the house minding the children or cooking , who think women are not capable of anything else…..yes this couple makes me feel proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)