Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lunar Eclipse -Dec 10 - 2011


Yesterday on our way to the market I looked up and saw that the moon was covered partly by a shadow. I realised that it was the Lunar  Eclipse.Suddenly I remembered that this was not our whole world.There was somethign else going on outside. Thats the earth's shadow we were seeing on moon . The heavenly bodies moving ,doing what they do consistently. We were just  a speck somewhere in a much larger spectrum.And We think. this world that we see , that's it.We think our world is 2 dimensional. Suddenly I felt to be a part of a bigger picture.I don't know whether I am expressing it clearly. It was almost a spiritual experience. I couldnt wait to get home and try to get some pics.  By the time we came home it was already covered. These were the photos we could get of the second half of the lunar eclipse. My hubby was the one who took these photos with our digital camera. I will never forget this day. I have studied the theory. To experience it like this....Magical.

2 comments:

  1. How I envy you!!!!

    I could not see the moon from anywhere in my locality... And although I wanted my children to experience this, I missed it... Sorely disappointed :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that the moon was not visible.But never mind.The great thing about Lunar eclipse is that you get to see it twice in a year.I think the next one is in June,though you will have to wait for more 31/2 years for a total eclipse :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)