Sunday, February 12, 2012

Goal 35 - Part 1 -Glass Painting

Well I finished one out of the two glass paintings for my goals. I had my paints, I had my Glass and I still spent around six month deciding the pattern and stuff. At-last I decided that I am going to do it with the tiny knowledge I have and that I Will be satisfied with the results. And I am.

I realize now that I know how to draw only flowers and leaves and patience is not one of my virtues now.  And I also learnt what one should not do while attempting glass painting. (For eg: One should not lift the glass before the paint has dried. It runs,however straight you think you are holding it, :O)

 Anyhow this painting is special. Not because of me but because of the paint. My husband bought the paints for me from his first salary. He had earned Rs.3000/- and he had spent it on gifts for his family and me. At that time we were courting. After around 2 years I have used it. So that's why you see, this is an extremely special painting :)

6 comments:

  1. yea:).. someone else who has tried glass painting... super.. even I tried .. got paints and the glasses.. made one ganesha and begum and framed it too..there is one butterfly yet to be complete.. liked painting them.. but somehow the interest waned off when done!.. your flowers one looks really good and colorful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful glasspainting!
    You are so talented.
    Love the history of the paints.
    Happy Valentines Day!
    Greetings from Mette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) Happy Valentines Day to you too :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)