Friday, February 24, 2012

A Promise

The time I and my hubby were trying to convince our parents for our marriage was quite trying. Obviously we had to stand our ground quite a lot. During that time my brother asked me to promise him something.

"Rahmath," he said, Now you are fighting for something with all your heart and soul. The spirit to fight is imbibed into you right now and it is required for your survival for now. But,Promise me one thing, when all this is over, you will resist the urge to fight for anything and everything just because it has been imbibed into you. Promise me you will learn to let go".

And I Promised.

Only today do I realize how truly significant that promise was. And how much it has enriched my life. How much it has helped me find and hold peace. Thankyou Madhava, for being there for me. Always, all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I need to ponder our this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)