Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Google to the rescue

Asked Google mama (uncle in tamil) for the rest of the poem. He gave me this link from where I got this nursery rhyme.

"Good night, sleep tight,
  Don't let the bedbugs bite,
  Wake up bright
  In the morning light
  To do what's right
  With all your might. "

A very important memory. She used to sing this to me in nights before going to sleep. 10 years older than me. She was only 14 that time. hahahhaha I always felt she was so old. but she was only a girl at that time.

Yesterday I saw a brother and sister duo make a pretty little picture near our colony road. The elder sister would have been around 7 - 8 and she was riding her kiddy bike, the one which does not even come up to your waist. Her little brother - maybe around 4 years was clutching her from behind with his arms around her waist as if he would never let go. I guess she was taking him somewhere. 

She had this look

"I am his sister taking care of him. Don't mess with me"

 and he had this look 

"My sister is a supergirl. She will take care of me. She won't leave me."

And they were so cute and small..... Infact I and hubby were wondering how their mother allowed them both to go alone anywhere. 

Miss my sisters.... But it's ok. I had an exceptional wonderful time with them in my childhood. And instances like yesterday keep those memories alive.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh those memories!
    You bring them back! <3 <3
    I could totally relate it !
    Those days are the ones, I love living and writing for!
    Lovely words!
    Regards:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kinara. I love those days too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Google mama could help you.
    Beautiful post, I felt I "could see" the little sister and brother.
    Wish you a wonderful weekend.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)