Saturday, May 5, 2012

Joy of Giving

Ritu is out of blog world town for sometime and she will come back only on 4th of may. So I thought I will follow another card. I decided to follow the very first card she had posted. It was to refrain from criticizing or saying anything negative for a whole week. I tried to, stuck for 1 day and then I found out it was too difficult. But I really really want to stop saying anything negative to anyone. I only feel bad when I do that. is it not better not to do that at all?

But sometimes I wonder, I have seen that when I was very good also, it was a big problem. People took too much advantage of my good nature and ultimately I felt even more bad somehow. I have seen that when i am understanding and someone keeps takes advantage of my not saying anything back, ultimately their behavior becomes unacceptable to me and I cannot do anything about it because I allowed them to do that in the first place. How does one tell somebody they love that their behavior is not acceptable. As a result of this nowadays I am too much in the 'taking care of myself' mode and do not allow anyone to even cross me a bit. I guess one has to find a balance between the two. In work place too if someone is not doing some one's work and is making your work difficult too then how should one deal with such a person. How is it possible not to lose one's temper or one's cool? I wonder.

Anyhow I want to try again. The card is for one week but I really don't think it is going to be that easy that I will master the art of not criticizing in a week. So I am going to try it for 21 days. They say it takes 21 days for a habit to kick in. And I am also going to record my en devours here. I am hoping that publishing it in a public space will help my brain be a bit more conscious of my behavior , after all no one wants to look bad to others.

But there is one exception to the rule.

I am allowed to tell out how I felt to my husband. Rahmath does not believe in bottling things up. But without judgmental overtones, just a reporting of the day spent.


Hmmmm I should read "How to make friends and Influence people" by Dale Carnegie once again. It will be helpful. Wish me luck on this goal! Does anyone want to join me in this?


And this starts Now...5/5/2012 - Time 11.38am


3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goal!
    Wish you a wonderful weekend.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you Rahmath!!!! I need to get back to the first card again.... Meanwhile I am jussssst about to post the card for this week. I am sure you'll like it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)