Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mayil Will not be Quiet - Review


Mayil will not be quiet Mayil will not be quiet by Niveditha Subramaniam
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read the book after many recommended it to me in the blog world. It is written through the eyes of a 12- 13 year old Mayil Ganeshan. At first it was dis belief that greeted me as i felt that the English used was too refined. Then I corrected myself because as a diary writer i know that children can write quite well. As I kept on reading it grew even more interesting. Mayil asked questions which we have asked as teens. Issues of Gender stereotyping and sex are addressed quite subtly. Maybe with so much subtlety that even a book for adults would not have been able to accomplish. I totally recommend it to girls, mothers and even boys of that age group for information on what goes inside a girl's mind at that age which is quite accurate in my point of view and a fun read for others too.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This is a great book worth your time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)