Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Moving Star

Today I and hubby were on the terrace star gazing and talking when we noticed a moving star. I specifically say moving star becasue it was definitely not a plane. It felt as if it was as far as the stars were and the size of a normal star too. It was not even blinking. We saw it move some 5m scaled from our view and then it disappeared. It appeared and disappeared. Hubby says it might have been a satellite. Apparently people have seen Sputnik when it moves in a particular latitude or longitude or something. Anyhow was weird. I didn't see any shooting stars though. I really want to see one. I did see a flash of light but I am not sure if it was a shooting star. Anyhow the incident was weird enough for me to record it here. We had a clear enough sky today and we have bought a big mat in which both can lie and watch stars. When will I buy a telescope.Sign!!!!

4 comments:

  1. It's so fascinating watching the stars.
    Sounds like a great idea to buy a telescope.
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Back Mette.:) It has been a childhood dream to own a telescope and a microscope. Someday I will.:)

      Delete
  2. It could be a satellite. Our seniors have told its possible to see around twilight time though I ve never seen one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we saw it around 9:30 in the night. However I am also quite sure it was some satellite. Read some things in the internet. Quite a common phenomenon it seems.!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)