Thursday, September 6, 2012

Of happenings - this and that

Would not it be nice to have something interesting to write every single day. Unfortunately for me , I don't have much to write about. I think it's because of the reduced time I spend in the internet. And the time I do spend, I normally multitask so, the concentration required to write something is rarely achieved.

August was not a good month for us here. First half , I was sick, and second half we were on our toes trying to catch rats that had infested our house when I was sick. It was a very tiring and mentally exhausting time as the traps didnot work after 2 of them were caught. Rats are very very very clever creatures. And even though  (i think) we have got rid of them , I am always scared that we are going to infected by plague or salmonella or something or something which they may have left behind. Too much info is bad you know. I never should have gone and read about them in wikipedia.

It's almost a month yet it feels as if our health has not been regained completely. So, we have started walking- slowly one extra round around the park at a time (6.5 make a km). I feel better with each passing day. It's not as if I am doing some aerobic exercise or my weight is going to reduce, but some kind of exercise is better than nothing I guess. Winter is supposed to be the healthy climate here. Can't wait for winter to come. This time whatever happens, (IGW) I will go to Sultanpur Bird sanctuary. Migratory birds have started to come - the newspapers say.

This saturday , we are going to go to the Delhi Book Fair (IGW). We have religiously gone every year we have been in Gurgaon. The last year we visited, we didnot buy much, yet we go, simply to see.
It's beautiful to be surrounded by these many books and booklovers.

I had registered for an online library recently. Friends of Books. I just got four of their books. I should have got only 2 per delivery according to the plan I am in, so I will have to write to them. Anyhow felt very nice to see them. I didnot think that much while browsing and selecting the books. I just wanted to try it out.

They have sent Four books instead of two. I have to write to them as their website thinks they have sent only two. Felt good to see those books. It feels good to be a part of the library already. I think I am going to enjoy FOB. I registered on 2 nd night and today is 6th actaully they would have delivered on 4th itself but I missed his call. I think 2 days is pretty fast. Perks of living in the Delhi/NCR region - I guess.

I read my diary yesterday. It felt very nice. Someday I will share some pages here.
I wish I had a grandfather or grandmother - I would write letters to them. And I know they would have the time and wish to write long long letters to me too.They might share their views on something and I might share mine. Emails have spoilt somethings. Everyone is used to writing small small mails with 'Wazzup' and 'life's gud here' and 'tc'. Writing long long mails don't work. The thing about mails is that when you don't receive anything back or you receive one liner you kind of tend to get bored na. That's why this blog is important to me. It feels like I'm writing mails.

When was the last time you received a hand written letter?


















7 comments:

  1. I wondered how you've been. I noticed you hadn't been writing as much. It is very challenging to write every day. Especially when there are so many other things that must be done. I'm sorry to hear though, that you hadn't been well. I hope you'll be back to yourself soon and more able to enjoy your walks and your bird watching.

    I don't remember the last time I sent or received a letter either. I agree with you that blogging is a good way to be able to write it all out. I'm wishing lately that I had more time for it. Over the summer it was easier. Now that school has started again, I'm so busy I barely have time to do anything for myself. It's important though. I really should make more time.

    Glad to hear your health has improved. Keep your spirits up, you'll be back to yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer for this long comment. Loved to read it. My health is improving pretty well. I almost feel myself now.

      I also noticed that your posts were not as frequent as you used to be. Hopefully you will be able to find more time once the routine sets in.:)

      Delete
  2. Probably 15 years back.. I had a pen friend who was a mural artist who came to draw paintings in padmanabhaswamy temple.. I was only 8-10 year old then I guess..As I went there almost everyday got acquainted with him.. We used to keep in touch by letter even after he left.. He used to live in Mayur Vihar.. He had the most amazing handwriting.. I bet you wont believe it is handwritten if you see it.. I still have all those with me.. Then I lost track of him as he used to travel a lot for work.. But recently found him again on FB of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Show me show me, It's amazing that you had such a nice pen pal. I tried the pen pal thing with e mail. did not work :) But i used to write long long letters to cousins and friends. Everyone scattered. FB does have those kind of advantages. Ah, maybe soon i will re activate my account but now a days I feel i am using lesser time in the net which is a positive for me.

      Delete
  3. Its all back home :-) I ll scan and send if possible.. He got a website recently.. That is how I actually found him..

    Check out some of his works here..
    http://tatvamasimurals.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=10650265

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check it out:). Great to have friends in such different fields.

      Delete
    2. Checked it. Very very beautiful

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)