Friday, February 1, 2013

Khaaja Chowk - MG Road - Review


 Remember the friend GC I talk about in my blog- the friend from office, well he got engaged recently and that too to the girl of his dreams. A very happy ocassion indeed so he gave us  treat, I initially wanted treat in Fresco in Ambiance Mall but A sir suggested this place called the "Khaaja Chowk". I kept mispronouncing it as Khwaja Chowk. A explained maybe it was Khaa - Jaa (Eat and Go). No idea if it is so but interesting co relation no? We had already asked if they had corporate discount as it was a large party of 10 people (one was quarter and one was half).We got around 15% which is a good amount.
As among adults we were Two hard core vegetarians Two so and so and 5 hard core Non vegetarians we ordered quite a bit of stuff. Everything was exceptional. You can see the entire menu in Zomato.com


Indian Chaat Platter

We ordered the Great Kabab Platter, The Great Indian Chaat Platter and Paneer Tikka for Starters.  The star for me was The chaat platter. It had pani puri , dai chaat , paapdi chaat and some chat with palak as base - that was very very tasty. I really enjoyed all the starters. In fact i can go there once again simply for this platter.

 
The Kebab Platter


Tried the Galauti Kebab. I liked it but was not as impressed as hubby and others were . So guess my taste buds were not working that well that day.The others seemed to enjoy the chikcken kebabs as well as lot.

Paneer Tikka



I loved the Paneer Tikka. It was exquisitly soft and tangy. Portions were quite large and chunky unlike the very small peices you get in some places. Mouth watering once again!


This is something called (i think) Schezwan Chicken Noodles. This item is not mentioned in the menu in Zomato, I don't know why. I couldnot have it because it was noodles and the one thing my Doc said to avoid  right now was chinese. However , it was praised a lot. It was the fav dish of all who had tasted it. So maybe you should try giving it a try. I definitely intend to.


I think I will stop describing alll the dishes one by one and just present the photos. Garlic Naan was very much appreciated with the mutton dish. Mali kofta wa quite rich and tasty. AS sir had ordered Aloo Gobhi which was originally gobi mattar but sir wante the same preparation without the peas and with the potatoe which they kindly obliged. Yellow dal and Dal makhani were a part of the platters.

Here are some photos.... this



this... the mutton curry...looks tasty na.... it tasted tasty too.


and the Malai Kofta and the Yellow dal.



I know it has become an extremly long blog post and review but I must tell you about the ambience of the place. The colour that strikes you is Red and the theme is Chandini Chowk. If you see notice the table you will be able to see the sequence underneath the glass. I think each table has soem element of Chandini Chowk. I found it very very bueatiful. The bueaty of the place matters sometimes does it not?

And the important thing - Cost. Nine of us( Didnot count the 4 year old boy- he hardly ate)  had our fill and more for aound 3300/- which I think is a really good deal -atleast in gurgaon. Great place to give treat because of the variety , ambience and pocket. Hope to go there soon.

PS: GC saya I shouldnot write such reviews for free. So I told him to call them and make a deal and I would share half of it with him. He keeps telling me stuff like this. Now he is not saying anything :)

PS: There is a bar too there - I forgot about it as we don't have it na.



6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks so, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your view on non vegetarianism? Isn't it cruel killing animals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you plan on asking this question everytime I post any photo of a non vegetarian dish? :)

      Is it not enough that i talk of one contraversial topic in my blog. I like to pick my battles so I will not be answering this question here. Paravailla la???

      Delete
    2. I did ask before didn't I? Wasn't sure that's why I asked again. Anyway you can choose not to answer too.. My job is to visit your blog daily, comment something I feel like.. I am prompt on it.. :-)

      Delete
    3. That you are Aravind That you are :). I cannot begin to tell how much that means to me.:) I love your comments.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)