Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One more Reason for one to have a diary.

I had written a post in 2012 about the advantages of maintaining a dairy. Here is one more reason.

You can analyze yourself. 

Analyzing oneself is required for self improvement. Today, at this instant, I might write something out of passion, tomorrow I might read what I wrote today and understand and judge to what extent I am being reasonable. After all nobody knows one better than oneself.

 In our imagination we are all heroes and heroines - almost perfect with excuses for the imperfections. But once we write something down, it's there as a proof. If one is honest one can profit from it in a later stage.

Maybe there was a better way to think. Maybe I was being childish or judgmental or just angry. Maybe tomorrow when faced with a similar situation I will remember the advice I had given myself on a previous occasion.

Basic views don't change but maybe one can be a bit more tolerant. After all the world is not black or white. Maybe I will decide that it's better if the views leaned more towards the white portion.

1 comment:

  1. What you said is very true Rahmath, "In our imagination we are all heroes and heroines - almost perfect with excuses for the imperfections." Sometimes when we look back at how we reacted or thought about something in life, and we assess the whole situation again from a newer perspective, we might know what to change in ourselves to better ourselves or we might even surprise ourselves by how rational we were and never knew it then...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)