Wednesday, April 2, 2014

B for Bottle Sterilizer


 
One of the best gifts ever to give to a new mom.

I and my son got a lot of gifts after he was born and after 10 months, I have a better idea as to how useful
certain gifts can be and how a bit of thoughtfulness goes a long way.

I would have never bought a bottle sterilizer. I had seen it before in a shop but hearing the cost decided that it was not worthwhile. I had thought wrong.

Before the sterilizer,every evening after I came home, I would wash the bottles and then boil water for sterilizing them. I didn't have a big enough vessel, so I had to do it 2 at a time. Then I had to sterilize the holder for removing the bottle from the hot water and then the bowl in which I kept the sterilized bottles. Of course the holders are not designed to handle curved bottles and accessories. Once or twice they would slip back in to the boiling water, scalding my hands. Once the charade was over, I had to throw away a good deal of boiled water which always, always made me feel sad.

And then V ma’am gave me the bottle sterilizer.

It's so easy to use. All you have to do is, wash the bottles and other baby utensils which can be sterilized, pour 90ml water inside the sterilizer; on the equipment and tadaa....they are sterilized. Even though the instructions say 5 minutes it takes a good 20-30 minutes but it doesn't matter because, well....you are spending that time with your baby and not his/her bottle.

Another thing I like about the sterilizer is that, only 90ml water is used and it is used efficiently. I used to always wonder if the bottles were boiled enough but steam sterilization removes these kind of doubts.
It definitely made my life so much easier.

So if you are thinking of getting a new mom a gift, this is a good option. If it is a bit costly I suggest pool in with others and get her something useful which if required, she can do without. Note the point "do without".  Seeing the expenditure on the arrival of a new baby, most probably new moms think she can do without it.That's the normal mentality. She will not buy such a thing which will make her life easy. I don't know why they do that but they do. So get it for her. She WILL thank you.





5 comments:

  1. Are you referring to the microwave version? I assume not if you say it takes 20-30 minutes.

    Either way whatever version you use, bottle sterilizers are a godsend. I too suffered many burns and wasted evening fumbling with boiling water. Not to mention waking up in the middle of the night with a crying hungry baby and realizing you somehow forgot to sterilize a bottle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is steam sterilization.I didnot even know there were other types!!!
      Will put up a photo.
      Forgetting to sterilize...Ya, been there.
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts.:)


      Delete
  2. True, thoughtful gifts are priceless. Maybe you can do a post on must have and good to have items for a household with a newborn. It'll be of great use for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Reshma...I will. though I think it differs from place to place, communities to communites, even age to age.... for eg...
      I say bodysuits is a must.
      Older people say Nope ,Not at all, Dont use it.... You know how it is here, We can simply cannot do what we think is the best sometimes, especially when a baby is involved.

      Delete
  3. Steampy TM is a unique product which will change work routine of new parents. As parents have to spare 2-3 hours per day in washing and sterilizing babies feed equipments. But Steampy TM gets done this job in 4 minutes with automatic washing and sterilizing. Steampy TM is a bottle sterilizer and washer for two set of bottles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)