Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Goal 2016 - Marathon 5 km.

I think my life would have been quite different in Gurgaon if I had a friend here. I dont lack enthusiasm just company to do something about it. Never liked doing anything alone.However, I want to get out of that inertia.

I want the focus for the year 2016 to be "me". Initially I had thought about having some 36 goals for this year. However Febuary has passed and before I know it most probably so will December. So I thought I will concentrate on one goal at a time. Most probably that goal in particular may require other goals but thats just a bonus. Hopefully I will cover 5 goals at least this year.

My first goal for the year 2016:

Run the 5km Marathon on March 16th

Risk Register:

1)  Lack of fitness required
2) Reaching the venue.
3) Doing the marathon alone.
4) Actually completing it.

Comments:

While 2,3 and 4 are demons to be conquered later on I will skip them for now, hoping they will get sorted out somehow. For now I focus on,

1) Lack of fitness required.

Breakdown of Goal :

3/02/2016       - Wake up at 6:00, go for a half an hour walk outside everyday morning for the next 7 days.( Sat and Sun - wake up at 8:00)

10/02/2016   - Wake up at 6:00, go for a half and hour walk everyday morning for the next 7 days. (Sat and Sun - wake up at 8:00). Combine with 15 min jogging/walking in treadmill anytime possible. Measure in fitbit how much work out is done. reach a goal of 5 min jogging without huffing by the end of the week.

17/02/2016 - Wake up at 6:00, go for half and hour walk everyday morning for the next 7 days.( Sat and Sun - wake up at 8:00). Combine with 15 min jogging/walking in treadmill anytime possible. Measure in fitbit how much work out is done. Reach a goal of 7 min slow jogging without huffing by the end of the week.

24/02/2016 - Wake up at 6:00, go for 45 mins walk everyday morning for the next 7 days.( Sat and Sun - wake up at 7:30). Combine with 20 min jogging/walking in treadmill anytime possible. Measure in fitbit how much work out is done. Reach a goal of 8 min slow jogging without huffing by the end of the week.

03/03/2016 - Wake up at 6:00, go for 45 minutes walk everyday morning for the next 7 days.(Sat and Sunday - wake up at 7:30). Combine with 20 min jogging/walking in treadmill anytime possible. Measure in fitbit how much work out is done. Reach a goal of 9 min slow jogging without huffing by the end of the week.

10/03/2016- Wake up at 6:00, go for 45 min walk everyday morning for the next 7 days.( Sat and Sun - wake up at 7:30) Combine with 20 min jogging/walking in treadmill anytime possible. Measure in fitbit how much workout is done. Reach a goal of 10 min slow jogging without huffing by the end of the week.



16th March 2016  _ D day.

Intend...
Prepare...
Whatever happens will happen.


Mitigation of risks:

1) Preparing logs for weekly progress.
2) By self motivating for the joy of pursuing a goal.
3) Hopefully motivation by others as well.

Reward:

1) Having a story to tell.
2) Having successfully prepared for something after 5 long years.
3) Hopefully lost some weight.
4) I will reward myself with a pair of Tanishq earrings. 
















 

2 comments:

  1. You seem to have a really great plan to accomplish your goal, Rahmath. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)