Monday, January 23, 2017

Excuse & Accept

"If it is important to you you will find a way.
If not you will find an excuse"

True is it not?

The best thing to overcoming a weakness is to be aware of it. And the best part is being aware ;Peace of mind.

I stayed in my first company for 5 years. We were four friends in the same level. By the third year three of us had started becoming frustrated. We were hearing stories of other colleagues jumping companies every year with a good hike. Our own salary and work experience seemed very less in comparison.

And you know, when you start feeling dissatisfied , it corrupts every happiness that comes you way. Fortunately I had a epiphany one day. I felt that if I was that unsatisfied, I should change things. And if I am not changing things, it simply means I AM infact quite happy and satisfied with the situation and I am complaining in vain. For me not changing was something which was comfortable and it was more important for me that getting more money. And when I realized that, my dissatisfaction vanished. And that was a lesson for me.

So nowadays, when I am really dissatisfied, I just decide to change. And if I don't take a concrete effort in that step, I understand that I don't need it right now. And this has helped me be more pro active even if it sounds contradictory.

Ofcourse there may be times when you just plain damn lazy. even in that case, once you accept that you are actually LAZY, you can actually try to change things. Atleast you can have a game plan. If you are aware it helps.

For example I am trying to lose weight. And from the moment I made the resolution for some reason or the other I have been procrastinating doing anything about it. I keep talking about it (which is positive by the way). But I don't do anything about it. It was eating me from the inside and I had started putting me down for not having the will power to stick to the decision. Finally one day I decided that I am going to accept that I am not willing to do anything about it and I am just going to note the excuse I have everyday for not taking care of my health.

And this helped.

How?

There is no extra pressure. You have accepted that you are simply finding excuse. And that's fine.
Alt east you are not pulling myself down. And then maybe someday you can start looking a bit above and then start climbing up???

Maybe when your body and mind become friends they just start working together. Like the mind says , come lets wake up a bit earlier... the body says" ya sure" instead of "no way dude"

Maybe when the body says "lets be vegetarian today" the mind says "Ok I will help you" instead of "I WANT CHICKEN"

Whether this approach works on not, we will see by Dec 2017, i.e if you remember to remind me...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)