Friday, February 24, 2017

Thankyou Apello

Recently my sister in law, reintroduced me to pinterest. Browsing one topic after another led me to the fan art of Scorpius Malfoy and Rose Weasley. I am sure I neednot say who they are but just in case you do not know, they are the children of Draco Malfoy and Ron Weasley. The fan arts were intense and they led me to the fan fictions. I normally do not read fan fiction simply because they don't gel very well with me. I like one strain of story telling and one author's style of telling it. However in this particular case my sensitivities were not hurt that much because it dealt with two people whose chemistry was not really explored anywhere. I was lucky enough to find a really well written one "Roses are red".

I found it very interesting. Infact the previous statement would be an understatement. I am no longer sixteen but remembered that age. (though I must say I never ever did ANYTHING remotely near the happenings of the book.) However it was more like the old M&B. Brooding and intense young men and sweet young women.

I completed the 47 chapters in one go, however I must add I did skip some portions which were never interesting to me even in the original books, say Quidditch. Ya kill me, I find sports boring even if they were in the magical world unless I am on top of the broom chasing the golden snitch.

But do you know the problem with fan fiction? The author has no compulsion to finish the story. I was lucky I got it so late , so I had a very good continuity up to the very end. But the author has not written from October 2016. The plot is in a climatic situation aka,(*Spoiler alert*) the heroine is caught by horrible horrible Death Eaters (who still exist by the way) and is desperately waiting for the hero Scorpius, her father Ron and Uncle Harry to come rescue her. Do they reach her in time? Does the family finally accept their love????

No freaking idea.

The author seems to love cliches. As long as nothing tragic has happened to him/her to make him/her sadistic I am quite positive that all will end well. But how and when ???!!! We will have to wait.....

But thank you Apello for making me addicted to Fan fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
You made my day :)